This website uses our own and third-party cookies. If you continue to browse you accept its use. If you wish you can change your preferences in your browser.

20 Views

#LearnSustainability: Greenhouse gases

Do you know what the greenhouse gases are? We explain the concept and its meaning in this infographic

Nitrogen, oxygen and argon constitute the 99.93% of the natural gases present in the atmosphere. The remaining 0.07% is composed of water vapor, carbon dioxide, methane, nitrous oxide, ozone and artificial gases called chlorofluorocarbons, which are the ones that have a greater impact on the greenhouse effect.

These greenhouse gases that affect global warming are naturally present in the atmosphere, though their presence has hugely increased as a result of human action, mainly for three reasons: the burning of fossil fuels, forest deforestation and destruction of marine ecosystems and the increase of a population that increasingly consumes natural resources.

Follow the main Twitter accounts related to COP 22

#LearnSustainability: Greenhouse gases

Newsletter

Would you like to receive the best sustainability content in your e-mail?

Share this article
What do you think?
Share this article
Guest
250 characters max.