Would you like to know what Twitter feeds you should follow if you are interested in #sostenibilidad (sustainability)? This ranking will show you the most influential ones regarding Sustainability, Corporate Social Responsibility, Socially Responsible Investment, Good Governance and Corporate Reputation.
It´s not difficult to get lost in this large social network universe. If you aim at a more sustainable life, then you should know about these experts, professors, consultants, journalists, and so on. It´s not difficult to be informed by the best broadcasters and experts of these issues if you choose to follow the following twitterers:
In the media sphere, who are the most influential ones on sustainability?
1. Diario Responsable (@diarioresponsab) Newspaper on Enterprise Social Responsibility and Corporate Social Responsibility. #RSE Glocal
2. Corresponsables (@corresponsables) Corresponsables is at the head of MediaResponsable´s media magazine, specialised in Enterprise Social Responsibility and Sustainability.
3. El País, Planeta Futuro (@planeta_futuro) Planeta Futuro is a section about global, fair and sustainable development in the newspaper @El_País
4. SeResponsable (@seresponsable) A prominent digital newspaper about Social Responsibility and Sustainability. On SeResponsable they work to promote a sustainable culture. They discuss #ResponsabilidadSocial #RSE, #ESR, #RSC, and #Sustentabilidad.
5. Servimedia (@servimedia) Integrated into Grupo de Empresas of @ONCE_Oficial y @Fundacion_ONCE, Servimedia is a leading information and communication agency in the social arena.
Companies and institutions
Many companies and institutions are also important in sustainable affairs:
1. Fundación Once (@fundacion_once) An important centre of social and working integration for the disabled.
2. Fundación Adecco (@fund_adecco) A foundation devoted to employment and diversity management in companies, supporting people with disabilities.
3. Ilunion (@ilunion) A business group belonging to @ONCE_oficial y @Fundacion_ONCE, socially responsible and sustainable. They define their philosophy as “People who work for people.”
4. CERMI Estatal (@cermi_estatal) A Spanish committee made up of people representing others with disabilities. Over 7,000 associations fight for their rights in a country with 3.8 million people with disabilities.
5. Economía Justa (@economiajusta) Economistas sin Fronteras is an NGO for development, founded in 1997 by a group of professors and lecturers actively committed and concerned about inequality and poverty.
Professors, authors, journalists and experts
It´s also interesting to follow professors, authors, journalists and experts on different areas related to #sostenibilidad (sustainability). The most influential ones are:
1. Carmen Agramunt (@cagramunt) She writes about Enterprise Social Responsibility, learning, social media and health. She is now working freelance as a Community Manager for entrepreneurs and companies that need this service but do not have enough experience, time or resources.
2. Juan Royo (@juanroyoabenia) An economist and Spanish comic critic, specialised in Corporate Social Responsibility. He is a professor at Universidad de Zaragoza and CESTE Escuela de Negocios, as well as a fellow researcher at ECODES.
3. Josep M. Lozano (@josepmlozano) A professor in the Social Science Department at ESADE Business School.
4. Alberto Andreu (@aandreup) A professional in Organisational Behaviour and Culture at Telefónica, and former manager of Enterprise Social Responsibility. He is also a fellow professor at the School of Economics and BA from Universidad de Navarra.
5. Jose Luis Montes (@joseluismontes) He has been a member of multinationals and a successful businessman for 20 years, while at the same time being a writer, lecturer, consultant and leader of sectorial organisations. Currently, he also collaborates as an advisor to several NGOs and foundations. He runs the non-profit organisation Movimiento Wikihap-piness, of which he is the founder.
6. Jordi Jaumà Bru (@dresponsable) An editor of Diario Responsable, founding member of Alternativa Responsable and advisor at Transparencia Internacional España.
7. Edita Olaizola (@editaola) Director of Ecosistema Interno on People plus! Profit. She has worked in Consultores sin Fronteras, among others, and is a specialist in Enterprise Social Responsibility.
8. Jose Carlos González (@jcarlosgonz) Director of Corporate Social Responsibility and SRI – Sostenibilidad in Comfia – CCOO. COMFIA – CCOO is a federation joined by people working in the banking and administration sectors of CCOO, one of the leading unions in Spain.
9. Lucio Fernández (@lucio_fl) A Human Resources and Enterprise Social Responsibility director at logistic company Redyser.
10. Utopian Cervera (@paco_cervera) Francisco Cervera is a professor and economist, member of Economistas sin Fronteras.
Find out the top 5 in sustainability issues worldwide:
1. WWF (@wwf ) One of the greatest international organisations for the preservation of nature. They promote the construction of a #futuro en el que los #humanos vivan en armonía con ella (a future in which humans live in harmony with nature).
2. Patagonia (@patagonia) A sportswear company. Not only does Patagonia spread news about the company, but also shows links to great stories and advertises new products, sales and special offers.
3. IFC (@ifc_org) IFC official Twitter feed, member of the World Bank Group, focusing on the developing countries´ private sector.
4. Naomi (@naomiaklein) A journalist and author, Naomi Klein discusses the profound causes of modern dangers to the planet. A member of the board of 350.org, writes for The Guardian Harper´s Magazine and The Nation, among others. Her latest book is Capitalism vs. the Climate (2014).
5. Bill (@billmckibben) An author, educator, ecologist and founder of 350.org, an organisation which builds a “climate movement” through campaigns, projects and actions focused on climate change, with bottom-up strategies promoted by leaders in 188 countries.
This ranking is made by Leaderboarded, an external tool which makes the list by taking as a base the users´ social interactions and their influence online according to their weekly and monthly measurements (facilitated by Klout, which ranks the influence from 1-100).
You now know who to follow if you want to know about the latest on sustainability, Corporate and Enterprise Social Responsibility, etc. Seize all the new developments to lead a more sustainable life!
What about you? Would you like to recommend any other Twitter user? Did you know some of the ones presented here? Share with us!