ACCIONA has taken on a long-term strategic commitment to protecting the environment. Accordingly, the Company is pledged to a raft of initiatives that includes the following:
- In 2009, we avoided close to 8 million metric tons of CO2 emissions to the atmosphere.
- Not only is ACCIONA the first Spanish company to set up a Sustainability Committee, but it did so at boardroom level, demonstrating just how seriously we take our commitment to sustainable development.
- In 2009, the Company was listed for the third year in a row as Sector Leader by the Dow Jones Sustainability Indexes.
- We make an active contribution to education through our Sustainability Workshop programme. The Workshop goes into the classroom and shows children and young people the importance of sustainable development
- We are the global renewables operator present in most countries and with the greatest range of clean technologies.
- We head the EU’s MARINA project, leading a 17-strong group of European companies united in a research effort that aims at integrating a range of marine renewable energies.
- We have signed agreements with major technological partners to work together to speed the roll-out of Electric Vehicles.
We are making important progress in a variety of fields. Even so, the very fact that we still have to make a special point of holding a World Environment Day means that there’s still a long way to go.
Would you like to receive the best sustainability content in your e-mail?